cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I now live in Australia.

pfm1
Joining in

I have a STAC to close my account, but like many other correspondents I am unable to contact you.  I have therefore cancelled my direct debit. Its the only way to communicate with you from here.

please email me my final bill

10 REPLIES 10

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Just to let you know a STAC will only work when it is applied to another UK supplier.

Cancelled direct debits will now go on your credit file as defaults

The team here cannot handle disconnections 

+44345600780 is the number to call

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Another simple way is make sure you STAC is valid (30 days) an get a family member or friend in the UK to apply it to their none Virgin phone. 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @pfm1,

Welcome back! Thanks for posting.

I am sorry to see that you have cancelled your direct debit for this.

Is this regarding a mobile account? I am slightly confused.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

yes

I have two mobile phone accounts I no longer need.

The Virgin Media account was closed when we left UK in July and the boxes returned.

I just want my final phone bills but communication is deliberately made difficult. There is no email address. I can only change my address to a UK one, the website doesnt allow you to enter an overseas address. When you purposely get up early to talk to a human being during UK office hours and get a message saying you will have a long wait due covid,and you hang on paying, international call rates, then get a message saying "our offices are now closed" one gets slightly p....ed off

I can understand that must be frustrating pfm1, I am sorry that this experience hasn't been smooth for you.

So just to confirm, are you just wishing to clear the balance on the account, or are both SIMs still active and need cancelling?

Unfortunately we are unable to take payments from the Community Forums, however if easier, please pop us a text on 0753 305 1809 and our team can help you further and take a payment from there. I understand that you would still need to pay for international texts, however you wouldn't need to wait on hold and worry about the minutes racking up.

Hope this helps,

Beth

Beth

that is no good either.

All I get is an automated assistant which cannot cope with a cancellation.

regds

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @pfm1 

Have you considered using a VoIP service like Skype as this will allow you to call the UK at much lower rates than roaming?

(+44 345 6000 789 from outside the UK)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi prm1, 

Thank you for your reply. 

Are you able to try the suggestion from newapollo and let us know how you get on?

Thanks 

Nat

I don’t need suggestions 

I can communicate on my Aussie phones.All I want to do is CANCELL MY WIGIN MOBILE ACCOUNTS!!!!