Menu
seztanswell
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I need a nano sim for my Moto G6

Hi,

I bought a new sim free phone for my son for Christmas, he currently has a virgin micro sim but the new Moto G6 requires a nano sim. We have no mobile signal at home, is there any way I can order one online?

Thank you. 

0 Kudos
rcflyer
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: I need a nano sim for my Moto G6

If his Virgin SIM is one of the current purple SIMs then his micro SIM already contains a nano SIM which can be pushed out.

0 Kudos
seztanswell
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply, it's an old red one that has previously been cut down to micro sim size so I definitely need a new one.

0 Kudos
Enceladus1
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Ring 789 from a Virgin mobile (or 03456000789 from any other phone) and tell them you need a new nano SIM as yours is an old micro. They'll post one out FOC, maybe today if you phone now. If you want it couriered there will likely be a charge. The new SIM will be one of the 3 in 1 types where you push out the size you need.

Make sure you tell them not to pre-activate the replacement SIM, you will do it when it arrives. If the new SIM is pre-activated then your old SIM will stop working before the new arrives.

Your Moto G6 supports 4G LTE so a new SIM is needed anyway else apparently 4G won't work.