cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm locked out of voicemail abroad - can a moderator help reset my PIN?

Termar
Joining in

I've been abroad for the last few weeks. Every time I tried to access my voicemail I was asked for my PIN. I thought it was a temporary glitch, but have realised that it isn't! I don't remember setting a PIN but tried the most likely number. I got two successive texts from Virgin, the first saying that "Your voicemail has been accessed from another phone. Wasn't you? Please call our team on 789 or dial 222 to reset your PIN". Calling 789 doesn't work from here. When I dialled 222 and entered the most likely PIN I could think of the system disconnected and I then received a text from Virgin saying "We've locked your voicemail after 3 incorrect PIN attempts. Please try again later or reset your PIN by calling customer services".

Calling customer services from here is impossible. I've accessed the account settings online, but the instructions there say that PIN set-up has to be done on the phone and can only be done when in the UK.

I'm getting desperate at this stage. I've just received another message from Virgin saying that I have a message that is due to expire on August 12th and I really need to hear it.

I've seen various previous posts on this forum from people with the same problem and a moderator has been able to help them.

I wondered if a moderator could possibly respond to this message and help me??

I'd be extremely grateful - many thanks in advance!

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Termar,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having. 

I am unable to locate your account on our side and do wish to help. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Dear Martin,

Many thanks for solving my problem - much appreciated!

Best wishes.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Great to hear this has been resolved @Termar - please contact us if you require any further assistance!

Have a great day!

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs