Menu
RachelGuernsey
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Guernsey and still have no network connection. Youve tried to fix this many times.

Ten months after new sim and my 8th visit to Guernsey and still no network connection. You've checked all my account settings numerous times and all is intact. I've rebooted and done all the manual network searching numerous times. When I called you in January and said I was visiting Guernsey again in February you told me that finally some ongoing problems with roaming and Guernsey networks had been fixed that very month and it would definitely work this time. It still doesn't work. I can't even call you. I'm beyond sick of the farcical problems your new sim cards have caused. Why can I not connect to any Guernsey networks for ten whole months? Never a problem with my old sim. I will be calling once I return to London to end my contract without recourse.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm in Guernsey and still have no network connection. Youve tried to fix this many times.

Have you changed the roaming mode as per the instructions here

https://help.virginmedia.com/system/templates/selfservice/vm/help/customer/locale/en-GB/portal/20030...
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
RachelGuernsey
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: I'm in Guernsey and still have no network connection. Youve tried to fix this many times.

I've just done that and still no network service. Rebooted twice and still nothing. What else could it be?

0 Kudos
RachelGuernsey
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No reply? Can Virgin suggest anything else to help at all?  Or nothing?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello RachelGuernsey, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - I am very sorry that you are having issues over in Guernsey. 

It seems that you may have been advised incorrectly when you called us; unfortunately we don't currently support roaming in Guernsey. 

I do apologise if you were advise differently when you called us. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Seems to be what I expected. New roaming partner on the purple SIM. Bye Guernsey. Bet Jersey is the same. Certainly there have been complaints. 

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
RachelGuernsey
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello Katie - do you mean I literally cannot use my phone as a phone when I go to Guernsey?  I think I must be misunderstanding you.  Please can you clarify - I have been a Virgin customer for some years and was always able to use my phone in Guernsey no problem.  It was only when I got a new SIM card in March 2018 that the problem arose. Can you tell me what the problem is?  Or are you actually saying that Virgin customers - all of a sudden , with no information provided - can't use their phone at all in Guernsey any more? Other UK phone carriers (O2, BT, etc) have no problems with the Channel Islands.  I would never have changed my SIM card with you (when I got a new phone) if I had known this would be the case.  But please can you clarify. Thank you.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi RachelGuernsey

Thanks for your reply - sorry if we have caused some confusion. 

We are currently not able to guarantee that you will get a connection in Guernsey. 

You can try the settings from within the SIM tool Kit app but this is not a promised fix and you still may not get service. 

For Android:
Select Apps from the Home Screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Manual
Select International-you are done, go back to Home Screen

To Switch back when in the UK:
Select Apps from Home screen
Select Virgin SIM Toolkit Icon
Select Roaming
Select Select Mode
Select Automatic and go back to Home Screen

Let me know if that helps. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos