cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm confused on what network virgin mobile is using.

Luke198824
On our wavelength

I am confused on what network virgin mobile is using because the o2 store told me that virgin mobile is using the  Vodafone network and on Tuesday last week I went into the Vodafone store and they told me that virgin mobile is using the o2 network.

24 REPLIES 24

I thought the sim card that you are already using that will move from Vodafone to o2.

Hi Luke198824,

This is not an automatic process, however if you already had an existing Virgin SIM with us, and upgraded to a Volt Bundle with an O2 SIM, we can provide you with a PAC which you can give to O2 to bring your number over. If you had an existing Virgin Media SIM card as part of an Oomph bundle, this SIM would be deactivated within 30 days of your cable package being changed.

I hope that helps - I appreciate it may seem confusing at first.

Beth

Luke198824
On our wavelength
I am on a unlimited package and I have virgin mobile and I upgraded my virgin mobile contract last year.

Luke198824
On our wavelength

I am on a unlimited package and I have virgin mobile and I upgraded my virgin mobile contract last year.

Hi Luke198824

What handset are you using please?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I am using a OPPO handset which is what virgin mobile sent me when I upgraded my virgin mobile contract.

Thanks for coming back to me. Try this;

Swipe left.
Select Settings.
Select Mobile networks.

Should then advise what network you're on.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I already have the volts benefits running on my o2 contract account.

It wouldn't be anything to do with Volt, Luke. Does it say O2 for the network you're on? If so, your SIM has been migrated to this. 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

My virgin mobile sim card is using the Vodafone network but I thought I read that Virgin Mobile has cancelled there contact with Vodafone and sometime move to o2 as Virgin Media is with o2 as I thought virgin mobile would of been with o2 by now as virgin mobile is part of virgin Media.