cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have stopped receiving texts from Ireland number (Vodafone), but they can receive mine.

mazington1
Tuning in

I have stopped receiving texts from Ireland number (Vodafone), but they can receive mine. Its to an elderly family member who I have sent/received texts to and from for years. Vodafone IRE saying its virgin. This is incredibly frustrating as it is a bit of a lifeline for my elderly aunt. How is this fixed?

23 REPLIES 23

Thank you for bearing with us with the questions @mazington1 can I just ask if you only have this issue when you are connected to the local mast at home, or are you unable to receive texts from this number when out and about? 

Thanks again

Everywhere, anywhere, always 😞

Thank you @mazington1 I'm going to pop you a PM so we can take a closer look into this now. 

I will pop you a PM across now, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

I received a new sim card, and this has not solved the problem. I am very disappointed that I can no longer receive texts from Ireland, and I will now consider moving away from Virgin as there seems to be no ability to identify the problem, and therefor solution