cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I have stopped receiving texts from Ireland number (Vodafone), but they can receive mine.

mazington1
Tuning in

I have stopped receiving texts from Ireland number (Vodafone), but they can receive mine. Its to an elderly family member who I have sent/received texts to and from for years. Vodafone IRE saying its virgin. This is incredibly frustrating as it is a bit of a lifeline for my elderly aunt. How is this fixed?

23 REPLIES 23

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mazington1

Thanks for posting on our community forum and sorry to hear about the issue with your text messages.

Are you receiving any errors when texting any other numbers at all? Are you able to dial the number?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for your response. 

I am texting a vodafone network in Eire. I send a text -and it is received by the recipient in Eire. She texts me and I do not receive the text.  I can call the number no problem.  She can call me, no problem. I have always texted her for years (both on the same number and networks) and this just stopped working about the middle of January. My husband is on Virgin network too, and its the same. Family members on different networks can still receive her texts from Eire.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mazington1 

Thanks for your response

Just to check, what happens when the other user sends the text to you? Do they get any error message at all?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

They have no errors. Looks like it has been sent normally. 

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @mazington1 

Thanks for your response

Are you able to try the SIM in a different handset to see if you can receive the text please?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

My husband and I both have different handsets, but are both on the Virgin Network. This issue started for us both, around the same time. Different phones, same network, same issue. 

However, I have another handset I will try that now and message again shortly. 

Thanks

Just tried and I still did not receive.

I had to call her, to see if she had sent it, as I can't get her messages!! 

Hi mazington1,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you and your Husband have both stopped receiving Texts from one number in Ireland.

Can you ask the person who is Texting you to try on another number/Phone to see if it is an issues with their phone or Ireland Texts all together?

Regards

Paul.

Hi Paul 

Yes, we have checked this many times. Lots of family in the friends in the UK on different networks receive her texts fine. I did also, until mid Jan when I stopped being able to receive them, but could send ok. To tested many times, and it seems virgin network is the only issue.

I am considering leaving if it can't be fixed. 

Thanks