cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I cannot port my number

pl34seH3lp
Joining in

I have been calling Customer Support over a week now. 7 phone calls averaging a 30 minutes wait on each.

I recently bought 2 sim cards and I want to port my number from my previous provider. I cannot believe how difficult this has become. The website for porting does not work. The agents on the phone don't know what to do.

Please, can someone here help me? I have been without a proper mobile connection for a week now.

3 REPLIES 3

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there @pl34seH3lp,

I am sorry to hear you have spent this much time on calls with us about a number porting process. 
Please, be advised that for a mobile number you would need to ask your current provider to issue a PAC code, if you wish to transfer this number over to VM.

Can you please visit this link where you can use your current and future provider to find out the right process to get a PAC code via text message service?
Let us know how you get on and if you have any more questions.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi,

Ninth time's the charm. I managed to speak with a Customer Support agent on the phone who finally was able to process the port request. It took less than 2 hours and now my old number is fully ported to the new VM mobile sim card.

Hi Pl34seH3lp,

Thank you for responding, glad to see the number port has finally been resolved for you. If there is anything else we can help you with please let us know.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide