cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I can't call people in Germany from the UK

soeren_T_T
Joining in

Hi, 

I cannot call people in Germany or receive calls from them. I am always told that the number is not available. I cannot find any help on the website. 

What can I do to fix the issue? 

Thank you for your help!

5 REPLIES 5

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi soeren_T_T

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community. I am sorry to hear you're having issues calling people in Germany. Can you clarify for me; 

• Is this from your mobile to a German mobile?
  • Is this from your mobile to a German landline?
  • Is this from your landline to a German mobile/landline?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John_GS, 

I have this problem when I call someone from my mobile to a German mobile and a German landline. 

Thank you for your help

Kind regards, 

Sören

Thanks for coming back to me. Ok so there are costs involved calling Germany, so this could be caused by a cap you've got on your account for the spend, a bar you may have put on for premium or international calls. Are you aware of anything like this?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

I was thinking that these calls were included in one of the roaming packages. 

Could you please explain why this suddenly changed as I was able make calls to Germany before without changing my spending cap? 

Thank you very much!

Kind regards, 

Sören

Hi Sören,

It's not roaming when you are in the UK, you can view all the mobile monthly charges for calls etc here

Alex_Rm