cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I am in Greece and since yesterday there is no network connection, emergency calls only.

Pebbles7
Tuning in

I have tried turning the phone off and on again; airplane mode on, phone off, phone on, airplane mode off (was suggested by somebody). Tried numerous times to set network (Cosmote) manually.

126 REPLIES 126

Thanks @Hapoyincrete

I've passed this on as well. 

Just to confirm the three others are on our network as well?

Emma_C - Forum Team

To Emma_C  My situation today at 20:20 Greek time is exactly the same.  To quote Theresa May, "Nothing has changed".

I can receive text messages.

I cannot send text messages.  I get an orange circle with a white ! next to the message.  Clicking on it gives a pop-up with "Couldn't send message" plus options to Resend, Delete or Edit.

I cannot receive calls.  Dialling from a Greek landline to the Virgin SIM I get a message in English saying "The number you have dialled cannot accept this call."  I would guess this is a message on the Virgin system not on my Greek landline provider.

I cannot dial calls.  I get a very brief ping sound and then it cuts out.  No evidence of dialling at all.

I am situated approximately 20 km south west of Chania, Crete.  Apart from local shopping I haven't left my house since October 2019.

When I log onto my account and go to "Manage your services" Roaming is set to ON and International call barring is set to OFF.

I switched my phone completely OFF and ON before carrying out this test.  The Virgin SIM connected to Cosmote and showed the R for roaming immediately.

Thanks for that information @killkis, 

I've passed this on as well and we will keep you all updated as much as we can. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Yes to all three. There were more but I think they've given up and not been back on Fb for a while or returned to UK?. One (making 4) went back to the UK last week but when she went she still had no signal. There was at least 1 on Rhodes and 1 Aegina and 1 Hersonisis near Herakleion. Can't remember others from British in Greece FB.

Lovely thanks @Hapoyincrete

If I hear anything from the team over the weekend I'll keep you all updated 🙂 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Our 2 Virgin phones are working this morning. Calls and texts. They worked for a short while on Monday evening last week. Hopefully this time they will continue to work 🤞 I will let you know it they lose connection again.

Athens here. Thanks Hapoy for the heads up, I checked as well.

Incoming and outgoing calls work fine, Texts as well , mobile internet fine. (as of today morning of 15-12-20)

(Did not change any settings or devices, which shows there was an issue with the network)

Hopefully this is it and it is not like last time. Will report back if anything changes.  😀

We didn't change anything on our phones either. 

I will keep you updated via forum!

🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

Mine also now seems to be fully working.  I cannot comment on data since I don't use it but calls and texts are working in both directions.  Thanks to the technical team for fixing the problem.

Both our phones have been working since the start of the week which comes as a great relief. My phone is set to auto-detect a network and it is always connected to Wind this week which never used to be the case.

@Emma_C Are you able to explain what the issue was and what was done to correct it please? It would be useful to know in case we were to end up in this situation again.