cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Husband cannot phone me. Possibly blocked?

mazhartley
Tuning in

My husband who has virgin tv and broadband has just got a virgin mobile sim only contract and is a waiting his number to port. The problem he has is when he tries to call my number he can’t connect yet I can call him. He as no problem making calls to anyone else who’s in his contact list.

12 REPLIES 12

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Morning @mazhartley, thanks for your post on our Forums!

Sorry to hear of the mobile sim issue.

Can you possibly advise me if the port has gone through today, and if this fault is still on going?

It would also be handy knowing what handset he's using. If this is an iPhone, he will have to manually update the phone number in the settings menu, as the handset will recognise the original phone number that came with the sim card, rather than the newly ported number

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

No I don’t think his number is ported yet and he has an android phone. I could phone him on is temporary number yesterday but trying today when I tried to call him on his temporary number I couldn’t get through so I treied his other number that he’s porting which didn’t work either? Strange that I’m the only one in his contact list that he can’t  phone. Ind now I can’t phone him? He should be able to phone me regardless of wether his number has ported or not shouldn’t he? And I checked his an my phone settings and we’ve not blocked each other’s current numbers?

Thanks for coming back to me

I'm curious if the port has encountered an issue of sorts that creating this error

Do you possibly know when the port is due to go through?

Can you please advise me if he has issues calling other phone numbers that are on the same network as yourself?

Can you also possibly try switching the sim cards over to see if a phone call can be made?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

I can now phone husband on number that he’s porting, so obviously his number is ported over. Just noticed when he tries to phone me and can’t connect a message comes up saying conditional call forwarding active 

Thanks for coming back to us @mazhartley, is your husband possibly able to look into the settings of the handset to see if this is causing call forwarding?

If you're able to advise us of the make and model, we will be best placed to assist you

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Samsung s20

He is able to look into his settings

Thanks for confirming,

Can he try the following for me?

1. From any Home screen, tap Phone.
  2. Tap Menu > Settings > Supplementary services.
  3. Tap Call forwarding > Always forward > Turn off.

Once this has been done, ask your husband to reboot the device and attempt a call

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

There is no option to turn off

96B4E7D3-2B97-4E8A-8AE5-D7E43B18C2B0.jpeg

8BE51F3E-887F-473B-9B3C-7823A99ED380.jpeg

The when I click on always forward this above pops up forward to: