cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

Hi backtothefuture

Thanks for taking the time to post in regards to your services and the Oomph SIM.

To transfer an existing number onto the number allocated at present to the Oomph tariff you just need to request a PAC code from the provider your number is currently with. Once you have this just give us a call on 789 or 0345 600 0789 and let the agent know you're looking to 'port' your number onto the number that currently has the Oomph tariff attached.

This won't effect the current tariff or any deal you have in place, it will simply mean your existing number (once transferred) will have the Oomph tariff on it. The only way this deal would change would to be if you cancelled the Virgin Media services or changed from the Oomph package there.

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask 🙂

Rob

@Robert_P,

Thanks for the reply.

My query was also regarding what happens if I then want to transfer my mobile number in the future away from my Oomph SIM ?

Can I request a new sim with a new number once my number has ported away? - Without affecting my Oomph deal, or will I have to negotiate a new deal again at that time ?

Thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi backtothefuture, sorry for any confusion.

If you ported the number out while it was part of an oomph package then that would effectively cancel the oomph SIM impacting your package cost, so negotiating a new deal would be necessary under those circumstances.

Tom 

MysteriousPotoo
Joining in

Hi, I would like to transfer my existing Virgin Mobile number to my Oomph SIM, could you please advise?

Thank you 🙂

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MysteriousPotoo, thanks for getting in touch.

I'll contact you via PM so we can help further with this - just look out for the purple envelope and get back to me when you can.

Tom  

Qwerty909070
Joining in

Can someone contact me to help?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Qwerty909070

Thanks for posting!

What is it you require help with?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Pal,

Received a new device today. It didn’t come with a sim so I assume it is eSim. No details on how to sort an eSim. Old phone been disconnected. 

regards 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Qwerty909070

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Are you able to confirm what your new phone is? 

I assume you don't currently have any signal on the handset? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi there,

Could you tell me if this is possible please?

I have an existing number on the unlimited Oomph SIM, I  would like to move this number to another providers PAYG SIM, and then move another existing number from 02 to the Oomph SIM without loosing the unlimited benefits. I had planned to PAC code one number off the VM SIM and then PAC code the 02 number back to the VM SIM.

I asked via the chat and they said I would loose the unlimited benefit as this would be like cancelling the contract?

Can you confirm for me please?

Many Thanks

John