cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

Hi Benny Yee,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I can certainly do my best to help with this. In order for us to perform the transfer, both SIMs would need to be under the same name which also reflects on the cable account. For example, if the Oomph SIM is under your name and your Wife's SIM is under her name, we would then need to transfer your Wife's SIM into your name to be able to upgrade the desired number to the Oomph tariff. 

The SIM also cannot be attached to an active and outstanding handset loan agreement as this would block us from making changes to the SIM.

Please do let us know and we can go from there 🙂

Beth

Beth

Hello Beth,

Thank you very much for the prompt response.

My wife's SIM is currently under her name but transferring the number under my name is not going to be an issue, please advise on the procedures and I will start the ball rolling.

Many Thanks.

bktyee

Hello Beth,

Can you advise how to proceed please?

Many Thanks.

bktyee

Hi bkytee,

Thanks for confirming that for me. That's no problem at all.

Once both numbers that are going to be involved in the 'port', are under your name, please just let me know and I'll be happy to upgrade that number to the Oomph tariff for you :). If you are still needing to transfer the number into your name, we can also do that for you from here. We'd just need your Wife to create an account on here so we can clear security with her and complete the transfer.

Kind regards,

Beth

Beth

Thank you Beth,

We have never done this before, how do you transfer the phone into my name? Do we just call VM on my wife's phone and ask them to do that?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi bktyee, you can call or we can help with the change of name from here - but we'll need to speak with the account holder directly. If you can ask your wife to create a forum profile and post a message here we'll contact them via PM and get the rest sorted out.

Tom 

Hi Tom,

Thank you very much for you reply.
I have set up a profile for my wife, please PM her directly for any information you may need?

Many Thanks.

bktyee

Sorry I forgot to include the profile 🙂 it's 50csyboey

Hi bktyee, if she could join the tread we would be able to assist further.

Cheers,

Corey C

Hi Corey,

I am just joined the thread, can you advise how to proceed please?

Thank you.

50csyboey