cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

Hello jrice12

Thanks for your enquiry 

What you have been advised on the chat is correct

Any changed and you would lose the deal 

Gareth_L

So could I just port a number to the VM SIM instead? rather than porting the existing number off that I am happy to loose...

This would still affect the Deal and Sim Tariff jrice12

Sorry 

Gareth_L

SB21
Joining in

Hi

I am looking to transfer my existing virgin mobile number to the Oomph sim/package I have just taken out. Could someone please help?

Thanks

Simon 

Hi SB21,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

We can certainly look to assist with this. I have located your account so what I will do is private message you to assist. 

^Martin

mwleam
Joining in

Hi Can someone help me with this

michele_foxton
Joining in

Can someone contact me about this please?

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mwleam & michele_foxton - thanks for getting in touch.

So we can help further I'll contact you via PM, just look out for the purple envelope and we'll take it from there.

Tom 

Hi Ryan,

I see you seem to be "The One" to go to regarding porting an existing VM number to the new Oomph SIM.
My wife is currently on VM PAYG and has been for a while now, I am currently tied to another network so I would like my wife to own the new Oomph SIM that was sent to me?

Can you tell me what the procedure is or do you need my wife's number and the new Oomph number for it to happen?

Thanking you in advance.

Benny Yee

Hi,

It looks like I am a bit out of date and many more members of the Forum Team are up to speed on porting an existing Virgin mobile number to the new Oomph SIM. Can someone else on the team advise please?

Many Thanks.

bktyee