cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

Sorry to be thick, but just to clarify - what I mean is, would the sim be deactivated automatically if I choose not to carry on with the Oomph bundle after the initial 18 month contract (as obviously the price then goes up)? So I wouldn't cancel it as such within the contract period. But as the unlimited SIM is a part of that contract, would that stop as well?

DerekH14
Tuning in

Please could a member of the team contact me.I have upgraded to the Oomph package and have a query re my existing Virgin SIM card. Thanks.

mawu
Joining in

Hi, sorry another question about transferring the Oomph SIM to an existing number. So, it says it can only be transferred free of charge if I'm out of contract. When I log on to my account, this is what I see:

mawu_0-1615202803278.png

So it says I'm out of contract, BUT it also says contract start date 4th Nov 2020 and 12 months term. Could someone please explain to me how that makes sense? I did make a change to the account last year regarding the family plan, but did that really tie me into a 12 month contract? And if so, why does it say further down that I'm out of contract?! 🤔

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @mawu 

Thank you for your post. 

If you have made the changes at the end of November then this would change your contract term and enrol you onto a new contract. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M 

OK, but why does it then say that I'm now out of contract?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

I am going to pop you over a PM so that I can get some account information. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

mattieday90
Joining in

Hey, trying to switch from EE to my Oomph SIM. Contract ends next month. Can someone contact me so I can get this sorted?

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @mattieday90 

You would need to speak with the mobile care team in order to port your number over from EE.  You can get hold of them on 789 from your virgin sim or on  0345 600 0789

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Thanks Zak. I never received my Oomph SIM in the post, so will they be able to sort that out on the same number too? I don't want to sit on hold for a short age if I'm going to be sent elsewhere. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Absolutely they will be able to get this resolved for you. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M