cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

It's been resolved by phoning 789.

Hi @Ryan_N,

Yes still need help. Thanks

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for letting me know 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you over a private message @thinkpad

Cheers. 

Hi yes I still need help with this please 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem 🙂 

I will send you over a PM. 

Cheers. 

Hello

Ive just received a new oomph sim as was wondering how i can transfer my existing virgin mobile number to it??

Lisa

Hello dartgirl42

Thank you for taking the time to contact us via the forums in regards to your Oomph SIM, we appreciate you raising your query here and we're happy to help.

To transfer your number from your previous provider you will need to contact them and request a PAC code. This is 3 letters then 6 numbers, once you have this, if you call us with that code we can arrange for the number to be transferred from your previous provider onto your new Oomph SIM.

The mobile team can be contacted on 789 from your Virgin SIM or 0345 600 0789 from any other line.

Thanks

Rob

Hi 

Thanks for the reply 

I'm already with virgin with and have existing account, do i need to get a Pac code as its not a change of provider?

Just to confirm i am out of contract 

Hi dartgirl42, thanks for the message and I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you, ^Chris