cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

I'd also like to combine the two Virgin accounts we have with the household - one for Mobile and our Ultimate Oomph

I'm in a similar position.

Got a free Oomph SIM months ago on upgrade of TV and broadband.

SIM never arrived.

I've spent all weekend on hold but nobody from Oomph team picks up.

So angry, I will be cancelling all my 5 phones and Broadband asap.

£170 a month for this? Non-existent customer service!!

christinaod1955
Joining in

Please contact me.

christinaod1955
Joining in

Please contact me regarding this.

LilyX
Joining in

Hi, my Virgin number is in my late husband's name although I used the phone. I was advised to start a new Oomph contract but want to keep my existing Virgin number. Please help!

I've still not heard back.  

Please could a member of the team contact me thanks

Jacqui007
Joining in

Please could you send me a new sim card, i was on pay as you go tariff, but now my (Virgin) sim not working ? 

This has had an impact on my work life as i used virgin mobile, pay as you go, for over 5 yrs,

I have had to resort to using different mobile company which i am NOT happy with, i still have in my possession, my Virgin pay as you go sim card,  is there any chance i could have a new pay as go sim then incorporate my original (Virgin) mobile number ?

My address, to send sim card to is: [MOD EDIT: PERSONAL INFORMATION REMOVED]

Thankyou, J Phillips 

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

christinaod1955
Joining in

This is sorted now I phoned 789.  I didn't have to change my sim.  

Hfelkin
Joining in

Hi, I recently signed up for the ultimate Oomph bundle which included the unlimited sim now I already have a Virgin Mobile number which I wanted moved onto the oomph bundle and I selected that option on the online sign up but I have been sent a new SIM card with a new number that I don’t require I’ve tried speaking to customer services who just keep passing me between virgin media and virgin mobile. Please can someone contact me to get this sorted thank you 🙂