cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

HI Dave1522, I am unsure what you mean? Is the oomph sim on a new number and you wanting to give this to your grandson? Chris

Monkey1903
Joining in

Could someone contact me about changing my number to my new Sim?

Many thanks

leicester84
Joining in

Hello

My father is an existing VM customer with a rolling sim only and broadband separately.  He recently signed up to a bundle to add landline and bring the sim in to the bundle.  The agent who processed this, did so as a new customer incorrectly and now my dad has an email that a new sim with a new number will be sent where we want the existing number to be ported over.  Before cancelling the contract altogether I wanted confirmation and a process whereby this can be rectified if at all?

Many thanks

Hi leicester84,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with the SIM card. 

What I will do is private message you so we can work out what has happened. 

^Martin

mk2002
Joining in

I would like to transfer an existing virgin mobile number to a new Oomph SIM.

How can I do that please?

Hi mk2002,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

You would need to speak to the mobile team on 789/ 0345 600 0789 and they'll be able to look into this for you.

Alex_Rm

I would like to use the oomph SIM with an existing virgin mobile number. I am also looking to upgrade my mobile phone, can this be done in one phone call?

Hey @Yardstick,

Yes the team would be able to arrange this over the phone for you or via text.

Call us on 0345 600 0789 or via text on 0753 301 642 and we can get this sorted, if you haven't already done so.

Regards

Steven_L

Thanks...all sorted.

LordZebulon
Joining in

need help to use existing virgin number with new oooomph sim