cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

morag21
Joining in

My old Virgin SIM card number has not been moved on to the Ultimate oomph SIM on the 7th September as promised?

Can anybody help or is this thread dead?

Big thanks to Melissa for moving my existing Virgin Mobile number to my new Oomph SIM

Still having issues. Can anybody help?

GeeTee
Joining in

Having issues with a new SIM giving 'SIM not provisioned' message and old SIM is dead.  Can you please get in touch.

asmith161
Joining in

Please can you contact me regarding this?

Thanks

jones201
Tuning in

We've just taken an oomph contract that includes a new sim. We already had a virgin mobile account and like everyone, we want to keep the old number (and find it ridiculous that you make this so complicated.) Also it seems the old virgin mobile payment isn't automatically cancelled when it should be.

I got here after googling about getting pac codes to move between the same provider. Hopefully you can help me out through this forum rather than having to go through the hassle others have endured. 

itomov
Joining in

Hello I want to move my existing Virgin Mobile number to my new Oomph SIM

FonkyMunkey
Joining in

So been having this problem for nearly a month now & it still hasn't been sorted. All I want is my number transferring to my new sim.

2nd September Emma from the forum team took my details to pass to her colleague to sort out, I'm still waiting...

I think I've been patient enough.

1 week of trying to get through on the help line,

3 weeks trying to get sorted out on here!

Come on Virgin Media, sort it out!

royvermin29
Tuning in

i have an existing virgin number on 30 day rolling sim only contract, im interested in keeping this number as im currently looking at the ultimate ooomph bundle which includes a simcard .how do i keep my number from existing sim .

can someone contact me please regarding keeping number on new ooomph bundle