cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

xkevdx
Joining in

Could someone help me I am currently on a virgin customer with a mobile and have been give the new SIM card oomp but want to keep the same number I have now 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for doing that. 

I will send you over a private message 🙂 

Cheers. 

I'm attempting to add a 5Gb Oomph SIM, while keeping the number from an existing (out of contract) Virgin SIM. Both accounts are the same account holder.

When I called to do this, the agent told me it was simply not possible. Is there a way to do this, or is it better to just let them send out a new SIM with a new number, then post on the forum here to get it sorted? Seems like there really should be a straightforward way to do this..

Thanks!

Sorry to hear you're unhappy with the process for upgrading to an oomph style bundle CongoBlue.  

I would like to take a close look at this for you.  To enable me to do so I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R

beware_uk
Tuning in

Hi,

Thanks for offering to help over the forum.

I would like to transfer my existing number (ends 409) to my new Oomph SIM (current number ends 222).

I don't know if the existing number (409) is out of contract - the account page states 30 day rolling, so I assume it is.  Once the transfer is complete, the account containing 409 can be closed (cancelling the direct debit)

Thanks

Ben

nasherxh
Joining in

I'd like to switch my pay monthly sim contract to use the Oomph 5gb deal, keeping my old number. Please could a member of the team contact me? Thank you

Nebula
Dialled in

Good morning 

I would like to transfer the mobile phone number from my old virgin media SIM to my new virgin media SIM. 

Please can you DM me? 

Best Wishes

Littlegem
Joining in

Hi all.  I’m new to this and not even sure if I’m posting in the right way...

I have a sparkly new Oomph SIM for a lucky family member to use, but they need to keep their existing Virgin Mobile number.

Help! And thank you in advance👍🏻

acarot
Joining in

I’ve just taken out a new contract with 5G SIM and I would like to transfer my husband’s number to take this up. We called 789 several times but can’t get cut off after computer messages and no5 able to speak to an adviser.  Can someone contact us to sort this out? Thanks!

Polite bump.