cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your message Bazzer. 

You're right in assuming so, on both parts. I will send you a private message to get that sorted out for you. 

Cheers. 

Carparkno1
Tuning in

Hi,

I have an ultimate oomph. I received the sim card. I want to pac code my old number from bt mobile to my new virgin sim. 

The call center is closed and I can't make an account online as it keeps failing. Can someone help me please? I have the pac code from bt but can't speak to anyone from virgin to use it on my new oomph sim. 

Thanks 

Simon 

johnmarshall479
Tuning in

I want to keep my existing number with my oomph sim. I feel cooned as I was told this would be automatic

dennislynne
Joining in

I have taken out a new Oomph package+have received a new SIMcard with a new mobile number. I already have a 30day rolling SIM contract with Virgin Mobile+would like to use my existing number. Can you help?

I recently upgraded to the Ultimate Oomph bundle. All went well (eventually) but so far I still seem to be on my previous SIM plan. I contacted Virgin Media by telephone, went through the formalities with the agent, and was promised a call back that never came. I want to keep my existing mobile number. What do I need to do to get my SIM updated to the new bundle?

Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Simon,

Sorry to hear that you've been unable to get in touch with us to discuss switching your number over from BT. Can you please confirm if you are still seeking help with this? If so, did you receive the PAC over 30 days ago? The PAC will expire if it hasn't been used within 30 days of it being provided.

Look forward to hearing back from you.

Beth

Beth

Hi

I still have a valid pac but can't phone anyone at your contact number to get them to make it happen. Can I please speak to someone to help? 

There is no option to actually talk to a human being and I can't open a virgin mobile account to actually use the pac to transfer my old number. I am literally stuck! 

Thanks 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi johnmarshall479, dennislynne and thrice

Thank you all for your posts. 

If you can take a look through this thread you can see a lot of people have been in the same situation, I've been able to help resolve these. So what I will do is send you all a private message so that we can get this sorted once and for all 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I will send you a private message to sort this @Carparkno1

Hi there. I too have recently changed package to include the oomph 5gb sim. It turned up on Friday but when I tried it in my phone it was a new number. I got an email today with a bill for that new number but fortunately it was for zero. My account still says my old number which I’d like to keep please. I was promised over the phone that it would be simple to keep my old number but couldn’t understand why I need a new sim?

Ryan pleas help me too! Thanks.