cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to use your Oomph SIM with an existing Virgin Mobile number

Kev_B
Community Manager (Retired)
Community Manager (Retired)

We know some of you have recently taken out an Oomph deal and still need help to set up the SIM. Whilst we can't resolve all SIM issues via the community, this thread is intended to give some background to the issues we can solve. We can only discuss these matters with the account holder, and we will ask you for details of the account to clear security checks.

Using an existing Virgin Mobile number with your new Oomph SIM:

• If you're out of contract or on a 30-day rolling contract with the existing SIM - we can process the change immediately so your Oomph package uses the existing number you want to keep.
  • If you're still in contract on a classic, freestyle of 12-month SIM only contract, you'll need to pay the outstanding amount to be able to upgrade. We can't help in this scenario, you'll need to speak with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789 to discuss paying the outstanding amount

Providing you meet the criteria above, we need to complete a credit check to make this change. This is an internal check which won't affect your credit file. We won't need to ask for any further details over as this is based on the info you gave when you signed up for the Oomph package.

If we're unable to process the package change immediately then it will take effect from your next refresh date.

If you have an existing number and a new number with your Oomph SIM, and would like to cancel the existing number, this can be done by speaking with us on 789 or 0345 600 0789.

If you would like us to transfer your existing Virgin Mobile number to your Oomph SIM, please post below and a member of the team will be in touch to help with that.

Kev

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

604 REPLIES 604

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi E32, 

Thank you for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I apologise you have had this experience, but please allow for me to put it right. I will send you a private message over so I can sort this for you. 

Cheers. 

MargD1980
Joining in

Hi, I’ve just been speaking with a member of staff on Twitter about keeping my old Virgin Media mobile number but transferring over to the Oomph package / tariff we’ve been offered as part of our TV and broadband service. Can someone please assist? Thank you.

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi MargD1980, 

It was me that you have been speaking with on Twitter, as I have been dealing with this thread resolving the same issues 🙂 I will send you a private message to look into this for you 🙂 

Cheers. 

Waves
Joining in

Hi I'm seeing quite a few people wanting to transfer their existing number to a new SIM with Virgin, I've also tried calling the number but no one is able to pick up so I was wondering if someone able on the forum is able to help me? 

Thanks a lot!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Waves, 

Funnily enough, I am seeing the same thing too! - Jokes aside, I apologise you've not been able to get this resolved. What I will do is send you a private message so I can sort this for you 🙂 

Cheers. 

cch99
Joining in

I wish to use my new Oomph SIM with my existing virgin mobile number . 

Could someone help me please . 

Thankyou

Maggy1
Settling in

Please would someone contact me about transferring my number to an Oomph SIM. I have spent the last hour and a half trying to do this online/phone but no joy. All options via 789 state call centres are closed and Live Chat appears not to exist. Your customer service really is awful at the moment

I am also in the same boat. Changed my Virgin Media package, took up the offer of the Oomph SIM card for my daughter on the understanding that she could cancel her existing Virgin Mobile pay monthly account, swap in the new SIM and keep her old number. Failed to get the transfer done despite several attempts to navigate online help, call 789 etc.

Hoping @Ryan_N can help me too!

Ryan_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cch99, Maggy1 and awkward. 

Thank you all for your post and a warm welcome to the forums. 

First off I want to start by saying I apologise for the experiences you've had when calling. As you can see from the above posts I have been working to get these issues resolved, so don't worry I will do my best with you also. Please understand also that this would be my first time in speaking with you about this and I hope I can turn that bad experience into a good one 🙂 

I will send you each a private message so we can get the ball rolling 🙂 

Cheers. 

Ryan has sorted this problem for me ! What a star ! Thanks again .