cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change Telephone Passphrase and not Online Password

Reyelle
Just joined
As I understand it I have two passwords that let me access my Virgin Mobile account: 1. My online password, which I enter in full on the account login page 2. My telephone passphrase - the call centre agent asks me for specific letters from this phrase when I contact the call centre As I understand it these two passwords are not the same and can be changed independently. I can only change the telephone passphrase by calling up the call centre, and I can change the online one by typing it in online. Is my understanding correct? I phoned the Virgin Mobile call centre on 150 to change my telephone passphrase, but as far as I understood the customer service agent they were telling me that the same password is applied to both uses, and changing the telephone passphrase would change my online password. I am pretty sure this is incorrect. When I call again, is there a specific term or phrase I should use to clearly let the call centre agent know that I would like to change my telephone passphrase and not my online password? Is it actually possible to change the online password over the phone? If it's not I'll feel more comfortable in calling since it's not possible to accidentally change the wrong one. Thanks for any help!
2 REPLIES 2

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Reyelle,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post your issue on the forums.

As I understand it these two passwords are not the same and can be changed independently.

That is correct, the passwords aren't the same and can be changed separately.

Changing your passphrase is only possible by calling into the team and changing this or your online password would not change the other one.

I can arrange for this to be changed over the forum to save you calling back into the team. I will drop a private message over in a moment, please look out for this and we can get started.

Regards,

Steven_L

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For Virgin Mobile you can update the memorable word customers services will ask characters from via the online account pages. You can't currently do that for cable services.

In your Mobile online account go to My Profile > Security details. The 'security answer' is what is used when you contact Virgin Mobile customer services, and the 'security question' will be used as a reminder prompt for the account holder for the security answer. This is separate to the online password that's in the 'About your login' section

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own