Menu
Nicolacor
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

How do I speak to someone in the UK?

I need to make a complaint and am getting nowhere with the call centre abroad currently. I am just getting ridiculous scripted answers. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I speak to someone in the UK?

Hi Nicolacor,

Sorry to hear this. We don't have a UK call centre number to dial directly. Your call will be answered by the next available agent, wherever that might be.

Is there anything I can help you with? 

David_Bn

0 Kudos
Nicolacor
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi. Yes I was promised a call back from a manager over a day ago. No one can answer a question about my account and no one actually seems to care.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

My apologies. 

Have you got a complaint reference number? This starts COM 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Nicolacor
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't got that far! Spoken to 4 people. Got 3 different answers and a promise for a call back within 24 hours and still nothing.  I have upgraded and been totally lied to by the person who made the sale.  So I have a phone sat here I need to return. 

19 years I have been with virgin mobile. Seems that counts for absolutely nothing. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear. Can you elaborate for me on what the complaint is regarding so we can assist further? 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Nicolacor
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I was called about an upgrade twice. I then went ahead with it. After it was done he then said I'd have to pay the remainder of the contract £70. Which I have never had before. When I questioned it I was told to call the main customer team which i did the next day. 

Then I was told that It would have to be paid, I questioned why I had been told I could upgrade when there was still an outstanding contract and was then told that was because I would have been told to exchange my old handset. At no point was this mentioned to me. 

The lady was incredibly rude so I told her to cancel the order and that I would be leaving. She couldn't have made it more obviousl she couldnt care. She told me she couldnt cancel as the order had been sent... I received a confirmation that the order had been placed and that it would be dispatched 4 hours after the call along with the text messages to confirm.  

I then called again to ask someone to tell me whether the 70 pounds would be taken along side the new contract or not but they kept asking me to clarify my question and was really abrupt

Yesterday evening I gave up trying to call and have a text conversation and was told they would speak to a manager and then transferred the conversation and said I would get a response in 24 hours.  It is now well past that time. 

Do you see my frustration? I just need a straight answer about how the billing will work. And also to speak to someone about the fact that the sale was pushed through without being truthful about extra costs. And why I was offered an upgrade when my old contract was still current. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can certainly appreciate your frustration with the situation.

I am going to drop you a PM so we can take a closer look at this for you.

Thanks,

Tom_S

0 Kudos
Nicolacor
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yet more emails and 20 minutes on the phone to yet another person who couldn't care less, I am returning the handset and will be leaving next month.  

To think virgin used to have decent customer service. 19 years of my loyalty to the company counted for nothing at the end of it. 

And I still didn't get to speak to a manager or indeed anyone in the uk. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Some mobile providers do make a USP out of their CS being entirely UK-based, for what it's worth.