cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I order a new SIM card when I can't text or use voice phone?

baruch
Tuning in

I'm tearing my hair out, going round in circles to get help.  My phone has no service, and I need a new SIM card, but am deaf, can't phone - and no text service now anyway!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure it is the SIM and not a network outage?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you sure it is the SIM and not a network outage?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi baruch,

Thank you for your post. 

I'm very sorry to hear about what the issue you're having. 

We do wish to assist with this and so what I will do is private message you to help get this resolved. 

^Martin

Thank you for taking the trouble to reply.  With the help of a family member, I have now solved the problem of lack of service.  It seems that, as I was on pay as you go, and hadn't used the facility for some time, Virgin in their wisdom withdrew the service.  I received no warning, as 'we don't have your e-mail address'.  Really?  I have all my internet services, including e-mail, from Virgin, and they had previously sent text messages to my phone, but not this one.  They were also quite happy to pocket the £10 top-up I mistakenly thought was needed to restore service, and it seems I am not entitled to a rebate.  Quite how that makes them 'entitled' instead, I can't fathom.

However, hope springs eternal, and I now have a new SIM card, and a minimal contract to give me a service I will only need in an emergency.  I must give credit where it's due, as my complaint was dealt with by customer service efficiently and politely, and at least I now know the whys and wherefores. 

Thanks for your reply and update, baruch. 

Cheers,

Corey C