cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I cancel mobile Contract

Cunningkev
Joining in

On 25th March after hours of trying I finally managed to speak to an agent regarding continuous loss of service and requested a new sim, explaining that my login and phone number were not being recognised online.

I still haven’t received a new sim and cannot access on line, as I am not getting the service I am paying for, how do I cancel?

Service is farcical, I have worked in Telecommunications for 30 years and never seen anything like this 

6 REPLIES 6

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Cunningkev, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

We're sorry to hear that you're looking at cancelling your mobile service. 

We're not able to do this via the Community I'm afraid. You will need to choose one of the options below in order to get things sorted. 

PAC (Porting Authorisation Code): This will let you take your existing Virgin Mobile number to a new provider. A PAC starts with 3 letters with 6 numbers following.
STAC (Service Termination Authorisation Code): This will not take the number but when you give this to a new provider, the Virgin Media account will be disconnected when the code has been processed. A STAC starts with 6 numbers with 3 letters following.

To request either a PAC or STAC from us, you can do so by:

• Texting PAC and their date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 65075 *
  • Texting STAC and their date of birth (in DD/MM/YYYY format) to 75075 *
  • Contacting the team on 0345 6000 789 (or 789 from a Virgin Mobile handset).
  • Via your Virgin Mobile online account.

* = Only possible if you have only one mobile number on your account.

If you would prefer to stay with us and allow us some time to sort any issues you may be having then let us know and we can help further. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath

thanks for your response, I know how to PAC my number. What I am trying to avoid is when doing so, having to argue about contracts term etc and requiring RBS logs to show lack of connectivity. 

Hi Cunningkev,

We are sorry to hear this, if you still wish to try a different Sim first this is something we can arrange, we would first need to make sure we have the correct address on the account, if you do wish to cancel you will need to call our Mobile Customer Relations team, if you would like me to arrange a replacement Sim I will invite you into a private chat so I can get further details, once received please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul. 

Hi Cunningkev,

Thank you for reaching back out, glad to hear you have now received the new Sim and that it is now active, please keep us updated and let us know if you do have any further issues.

Regards

Paul.

Paul

it is not active!! And as one I didn’t receive has been activated disconnecting me from the network I have no way to text ready

Hi Kev,

Thank you for coming back to me, glad to hear now the sim is activated you are able to use it, please keep an eye on your connection and if things have not improved please reach back out and let us know.

Regards

Paul.