cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I tell if my mobile service is with EE or Vodafone ?

richard23hughes
Joining in

I've just upgraded my phone to an iPhone13 and don't seem to get 5G coverage where my daughter, who also has a iPhone13 but on Vodafone, does.  I have been told that as I'm on the "Ultimate Oomph" bundle I should have 5G so I'm confused.  Any pointers gratefully received.

Thanks in advance

Richard

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

EE gets replaced with Virgin if they are using their network.

Similar is true if you are on Vodafone, that is replaced by Virgin and EE will appear in the list.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Rough guide.... do a manual network search. If you see EE listed and Vodafone missing you are on Vodafone.

If EE is missing and Vodafone shows you are on EE.

However, just because you are on Vodafone does not necessarily mean you have 5G. Where other networks have given all customers 5G in some cases Virgin are using it to pressurise people into signing a new contract.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @richard23hughes

Welcome to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making your first post regarding receiving 5G on your mobile.

Following the steps provided, were you able to find out if you are on the Vodafone or EE network?

Kind regards,

Serena

Thanks for the prompt reply. When I do as you suggest I see Vodafone but also virgin - does this suggest I am in EE still (as I suspected) ? Is it a surprise that virgin shows too or is that a function of virgin sitting “on top” of other networks. ?

cheers

richard

3D638E2F-524B-4E09-8319-4B25AE553C34.jpeg

Hi @richard23hughes

If you scroll down from the top using the right hand side of the screen, what provider does it state at the top?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

From your list you are on EE, hence no access to 5G 

Nothing very helpful I suspect - It just says “Virgin”

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

EE gets replaced with Virgin if they are using their network.

Similar is true if you are on Vodafone, that is replaced by Virgin and EE will appear in the list.

Hi @richard23hughes

I'm going to drop you a private message to check on a few details, please keep an eye on your inbox.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs