Menu
Tracy52
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Help with 2 Step Verification Messages

For about 4 months now I have been unable to receive messages containing a code for my 2 Step Verification until maybe 3-4 days after it's been requested. I called Virgin several times about it and the people on the phone say "we have fixed this for you", but they haven't.

I still don't have the ability to receive them and thought as my contract was up for renewable a new sim card would help, but nope and trying to transfer account details onto the new phone is impossible because of this issue. 

Truly frustrated now to have a new phone of which I cannot use fully because of my dilemma.

Any ideas or help would be apprecated

0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help with 2 Step Verification Messages

Been a big problem with Virgin for a very long time and still not sure they even admit to there being a fault

Some have found things work better with WiFi Calling switched off. Others have found ringing their own number forcres them through 

Not an ideal situation 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

This had been an ongoing problem for a large number of VM users, since July...see this post :

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages-Santander/td-p...

Apparently, Vm announced in July, 'they were looking into this, and would get back to us with any updates'

Yet, here we are, 7 months later, and the 'latest post' from VM is: 

Hi HughJarsse

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the delayed reply. 

I've checked the ticket for this and it's still open. I know it's not what you want to hear but the support team are still looking into and working hard to fix this asap. 

Kind regards,

John_GS
I have had to resort to purchasing a PAYG on another provider ('3' actually) to be able to receive these, OTP and 2FA, and think that after 7 MONTHS they are stilll 'looking into this' shows just how little VM thinks of customers...
Currently have a case open with CICAS over this, and am also considering going to the national press over the apparent 'couldn't care less' attitude from VM, who incidentally are quite 'quick' to take their monthly payment for the service, (that they are not supplying as agreed). Once the CICAS case is done, am moving 5 phones and my BB/TV/phone to a more 'customer orientated' provider...
Know this won't solve your problem, but may make you see just what a disgraceful company VM are....

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'Been a big problem with Virgin for a very long time and still not sure they even admit to there being a fault'

Enli, they have admitted there is a fault...., 

'Issues receiving OTP text messages: Santander

Hi All, 

We are aware that some customers may be experiencing issues receiving OTP text messages from Santander. 

Our support team are investigating this issue and we will update this thread with any progress. 

Thanks

Mod Team'

7 Months ago....and.....to date they are NO NEARER EVEN BOTHERING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT....as in:

Hi HughJarsse

Thanks for coming back to us and apologies for the delayed reply. 

I've checked the ticket for this and it's still open. I know it's not what you want to hear but the support team are still looking into and working hard to fix this asap. 

Kind regards,

John_GS'
The fact that 7 months after they first mentioned this, there is STILL no movement on it....
This just goes to show the contempt VM holds their customers in...so long as they grab their months pay out of your account, they just do not care....😡
0 Kudos
enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I think I saw the first posts appearing about a year ago! Slow drip at first before the tap opened

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
HughJarsse
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

'I think I saw the first posts appearing about a year ago! Slow drip at first before the tap opened'

Which I think Enli, shows just how 'hard they are working in it'  which in fact REALLY means, 'not bothered, can't be **bleep**, so there'  which in truth, is VM's attitude to anything that they may have to actually DO something to solve the problem... NO INTEREST, as long as they get their monthly wages payments keep coming out of your bank account, and that's the TRUTH!!

0 Kudos
Tracy52
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So after a few weeks, I was told to change my settings on my text messaging service, to just allow 2G and 3G, ok not the best solution, but at least I have access to messages for 2 Step Verification!

0 Kudos