cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help for anyone with sim not working

Kully28
On our wavelength

I have had problems with my phone since last week. I was sent a new sim that did not work in my phone but worked in another phone I had. I posted on here for help and tried everything that was suggested. 

I decided to call virgin and after nearly 2 hours the advisor told me that virgin mobile is transferring from ee to Vodafone and that the migration of my number had failed and i had been sent an ee sim. 

Just posting for anyone who may not have managed to sort their issue out with a reset or by changing their settings. It wasn't an issue with my phone but a virgin network issue and the wrong sim being sent to me. 

There may not be any network issues with virgin mobile but the migration from ee to Vodafone is an issue. 

Hopefully the new sim I get on Wednesday will work. 

Posting here incase it helps anyone. 

11 REPLIES 11

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Kully28

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum. We appreciate you taking the time to make this post and explain the network issue that was causing issues with your mobile service. I'm sorry to hear that your number migration had failed and you were sent an EE SIM card. Please do keep us updated on how everything is working with your mobile when your new SIM arrives.

Best wishes,

Serena

Kully28
On our wavelength

Hi

I received my replacement sim today and it worked straight away.

Hi Kully28, 

I'm glad to hear your new sim is working 🙂

Let us know if you need anything else.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Kully28
On our wavelength

Hi.

The sim I received last week has stopped working today.

I was originally told that my previous sim was not working as the migration to Vodafone had failed but the new sim I received was working from when I put it into my phone.

When I try to manually select network it shows Virgin, EE and o2-uk and the options. I cannot connect to Virgin. 

I also have 2 notifications first one says selected network virgin not available, 2nd one says phone not allowed for voice.

I can only use my phone when connected to my Virgin WiFi at home.

Any ideas what the issue could be now?

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Kully28,

Thanks for the update, can you tell me if it is working for you now?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Kully28
On our wavelength

Hi

Nothing is working unfortunately. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really sorry to hear that @Kully28

Thank you for coming back to us. 

Can you confirm if this is happening in all locations or is it in one specific area? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Kully28
On our wavelength

Hi

This is happening everywhere.  The only place my sim works is when I am at home and connected to my home wifi

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for coming back to me. 

Could you please also let me know what model of phone you have? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M