Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Help - error message SIM Registration Failed

I need help on behalf of my 95-year old Dad. He has a very old Nokia 1112 phone. He doesn't use it very often and last used it in September. He has tried to use it today and got the message SIM Registration failed. He pays his bills by direct debit and has had no letters about his contract or SIM. He would not be able to cope with trying to sort this on his own so I need to do it remotely for him as I live 100 miles away.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Help - error message SIM Registration Failed

TB19,

Welcome to the Community Forums, we appreciate you coming here to get in touch.

I'm really sorry to hear your Dad is having issues with his SIM card. Can I ask if he is a Pay Monthly or pay-as-you-go customer?

I appreciate that he hasn't received any letters regarding his mobile account, but are you able to check with him whether he has received any texts/emails advising that a new SIM needs to be inserted?

Not too long ago, we sent out replacement SIMs as part of some necessary network changes that needed to take place, however we did contact all customers via email/text who would be affected and if they needed a replacement SIM. So this is the reason I ask.

Many thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello Beth

He is a a 'pay- as-you go' customer paying by direct debit. He hasn't received any emails or letters about it. I'm pretty sure he has never registered for an online account so you wouldn't have his email. He suffers with anxiety and couldn't cope with phoning your helpline - even if he could he doesn't know his phone password As he never uses the phone for texts and wouldn't know how to access a text even if you sent him one. The phone is basically for emergencies when he is not in his flat. He last used it when he was in hospital in September but hasn't used it since.

The phone is an old 'dumb' Nokia originally purchased by me a very long time ago which your new SIM cards don't work in. I know because sending me a new a couple of years ago rendered my phone as inaccessible and I was forced to buy a new one.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for getting back in touch with us @TB19 

I am going to drop you a PM so that I can look further into this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

0 Kudos