cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help. Am in Germany and can't connect to a network.

Ali651
Joining in

My phone won't connect to a network in Germany. I used my partner's phone to phone Virgin and they cut me off and now that phone won't connect either!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Find your SIM Toolkit. (Think it is in connections) Change Roaming from Automatic to International and see it that helps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Ali, welcome to the community!

Thank you for posting. Sorry to hear you are having issues with your mobile in Germany and your experience on the phone!

Would you be able to let us know which make and model handset you are using? 

Has the handset worked at all since you have arrived? 

Did you set up data roaming ahead of leaving the UK? 

Are you seeing any network appear? 

All the best. 

Molly

Handset worked in Belgium, I think (we drove from Calais to Germany).

Yes, I set up Data roaming on both phones. One was working fine until I used it to phone this morning, now neither can get a network service. We're here for nearly 2 weeks so need a working phone.

I can search for a see networks but phone won't connect. Just says "no service"

Thank you for coming back to us! Here is the help page for using your mobile abroad. 

Can i just check you have tried rebooting the handset?

You can also try manually searching for a network - what make and model handset do you have? 

What are your APN settings currently? (You can find more info on how to find these in the help page link above.)

Let us know so we can offer further support! 

All the best. 

Molly

I have tried rebooting the handset several times. I can manually find networks but the phone won't connect to any of them.

My phone is an Apple SE. APN setting is goto.virginmobile.uk

Following the phone call with Virgin this morning, we now have no working phone and we need at least one while we are away for 10 days. Is there really nothing more you can do?

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Find your SIM Toolkit. (Think it is in connections) Change Roaming from Automatic to International and see it that helps.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you so much!!!!! That worked!

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Ali651,

Thank you for coming back to us. I can see that @enlli provided you with a suggestion to see if amending your SIM toolkit will work.

I'm glad to see that this has resolved your issue! Please let us know if there's anything else we can do to help going forward.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Well my partner’s phone now won’t connect. The phone was fine until I used it to phone Virgin, then it lost connectivity. I have tried the same fix for that phone and it won’t work 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Ali651,

Thanks for your response and welcome back to the community. 

Sorry for the issues re-appearing, are you automatically connecting to the local networks?

If so are you able to swap to manual connection, it could potentially be one of them that isn't allowing a connection.

Thanks,

Kain