Menu
Highlighted
Swanseajack
Tuning in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Have I been scammed?

I upgrded to a Iphone max three weeks ago via online chat, as part of the chat I was given a link to the Virgin Mobile Recycle scheme.

So after receiving my new phone and setting it up I raised a ticket to send my mint iphone 7plus into the recycle scheme for a price of £175.00... I recieved a text and email 12 days ago to notifying me they were transferring me the £175 to my bank account and it would reach me within 3 days, (although they state on website its faster payment which is usually same day payment). The details for my banking details were correct on the email.

I still haven't recieved payment and I cant get hold of the recycle department.. I have sent in several support itckets but I have not recieved any replies, with the first one passing 7 days now. I have tried phoning for over three hours and its just ringing and ringing after the initial introduction by Virgin....Yesterday the longest call I made was for 62minutes with it just ringing and ringing.

The lack of response is concerning me now as it doesn't seem acceptable from a Media company and I have never experience anything this bad before when trading or general enquiries.

Any advice greatly welcomed.

0 Kudos
paulchambers061
Super solver
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Have I been scammed?

I think the recycle team are hard to get hold of. Look at this thread for example.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Virgin-Recycle-No-Payment/m-p/4009187

Swanseajack
Tuning in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Paul for the reply.

I'm finding it really frustrating when they say something and do the complete opposite, being and disabled and spending over an hour on one phone call is not acceptable.

Hopefully @Rachael_F will pick up on this thread

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Rachael_F

Can the team help?

Swanseajack
Tuning in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@enlli wrote:

@Rachael_F

Can the team help?

Thanks @enlli for reply and linking Rachael

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Swanseajack,

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for cash back for your phone following our Mobile Recycling Scheme and understand that you're eager in getting this sorted.

Unfortunately it is a 3rd party who looks after the scheme and therefore we have no sight of the status of your Mobile Recycling order.

However I have found the different ways to contact them - 

Email: -  info@virginmobilerecycle.co.uk.

Phone - 0845 4 137 137

Address - 
West One Technology Limited
153 Brooker Road
Waltham Abbey
Essex EN9 1JH

Please try contacting on the methods above and let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Lisa

Swanseajack
Tuning in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@Lisa_CC wrote:

Hi Swanseajack,

Sorry to hear you're still waiting for cash back for your phone following our Mobile Recycling Scheme and understand that you're eager in getting this sorted.

Unfortunately it is a 3rd party who looks after the scheme and therefore we have no sight of the status of your Mobile Recycling order.

However I have found the different ways to contact them - 

Email: -  info@virginmobilerecycle.co.uk.

Phone - 0845 4 137 137

Address - 
West One Technology Limited
153 Brooker Road
Waltham Abbey
Essex EN9 1JH

Please try contacting on the methods above and let us know how you get on.

Regards,

Lisa

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply.

I have tried contacting them using the Email: -  info@virginmobilerecycle.co.uk., but again they refuse to reply to that means also...

I have earlier been on the phone for another 62minutes without an answer and just the ringing tone I mentioned previously, calling the number 0345 413 7137, which is the one supplied with the emails I have had from Virgin Media.  I will try the 0845 version tomorrow.

Dont like to say the word but I hate being lied too as is the current case with Virgin Media. I thought taking this route would be easier than ebay but how wrong have I been! I was looking to change over other household accounts to Virgin which would be worth circa 3k per anum, but this experience is leaving a very bitter taste in my mouth and I wished I had Googled this scheme before taking part!

Thanks again for your reply, I will try the number you supplied tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

Regards,

Simon

0 Kudos
teabag
Superstar
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just be aware of the costs for ringing a 0845 number, especially from a mobile 😖

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only. Customer since 1993.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Try the 0845 version which should be the same number as your 0345. However if the 0845 version fails, try the 0345 again as it is charged at local rate.

It maybe that they have a backlog on the orders but they should still be contactable.

Please keep us updated.

Regards,

Lisa

Swanseajack
Tuning in
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@teabag wrote:

Just be aware of the costs for ringing a 0845 number, especially from a mobile 😖

Good point as we currently only have mobiles in the house.

0 Kudos