cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HD Calling on VoLTE not working

gingerfluffball
Tuning in

I have recently joined Virgin Mobile and have enabled Wifi calling and VoLTE. I have had these features on previous networks. When I was connected to another VoLTE user, regardless of network, the call would maintain HD voice quality and the HD symbol would come up on my phone screen. Since changing to Virgin Mobile, I use VoLTE but don’t get the HD calling even though it is implied as a benefit on their website: Set up WiFi and 4G Calling | Virgin Media Help

This seems to be a standard thing for every other network I have been on for the last 5 or so years. Is something broken or do Virgin Mobile not offer it? I have tried customer support but have had no luck finding an answer.

2 REPLIES 2

jb66
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I can't see anything about HD calling on that link, just 4G calling

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi gingerfluffball,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We do apologise for the confusion surrounding the HD calling, can we ask if you mean Wi-Fi calling? 

With your previous provider, you advised you had a HD symbol when calling can you provide a screen shot of this by any chance? 

Also, who was your previous provider. You will benefit from Wi-Fi calls with us,(sometimes known as HD calls) however, we do not have the HD symbol appear on our network.

Kind regards Jodi.