Menu
lecolexo
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Grounds under leaving a mobile contract?

I am hoping that someone may be able to assist me!

I took out a new iPhone 7 contract (36 months) with Virgin Media Mobile in February this year. Within a few days, I started noticing that a group chat (iMessage) I have been in with my mum and sister for a good few years was lacking replies or they were taking many hours to reply. However, I would talk to them between times via telephone and they'd already replied but I had yet to receive them. From as little as 5 minutes to 4 hours later I started to receive the texts, with the time they actually sent them attached, in large bundle quantities. It was suggested this was something to do with the signal so I came off WIFI to try 4G for a number of days, but this made little to no difference. During certain conversations, I was luckily able to email them both as there was no point in relying on texts being sent/received.

I have seen that I had missed leaving date so felt it too late to do anything about this, however, today was the final straw when I urgently needed to make a call outside and it wouldn't let me. The signal dropped to 3G, which has never usually been a problem, however, the screen clicked off the call within a few seconds of trying. Fifteen tries later, I thankfully managed to meet my sister and use her phone, which also was on 3G then 4G (on 02) yet easily allowed me to make the call.

Prior to being with VM I was with EE for five years and never had this issue. I am also a Virgin Media TV & Phone customer and have been for over fifteen years, again not having any issue with our signal/tv at all during this madness.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thank you.

Can anyone suggest something I can do? If I could leave VM I would as I don't feel I can rely on my phone signal being there when urgently needed. 

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Grounds under leaving a mobile contract?

Hi Lecolexo, 

I'm really sorry to hear about the issues you've been having with your mobile service at the moment, it ins't what we like to hear. 

Have you spoken to our team to run through some diagnostics? This can be done on 789 or 0345 6000 789 from another handset. 

Also have you had a new SIM card since having this issue? 

We'd also be able to check the coverage in the local area and wider areas to see if this could be affecting it as well. 

Let us know how you're getting on and if you need further assistance from here. 

Thanks. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Grounds under leaving a mobile contract?

It may be that the phone is on 36 months but as it is illegal to make a SIM contract that long you will find it is on 30 days rolling.

Provided you keep paying for the phone you can take your SIM elsewhere. 789 will try to tell you different but be persistent. 

Anyway as from 1st July you will be able to get a PAC code to move without going through customer service.

The problems with whatsapp etc push messages has been going on for some time and seems no nearer a resolution.

0 Kudos