cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Google Pixel 6 - Wifi Calling / 4G calling is not work

cmngjean
Tuning in

After enabling 4G calling and Wifi calling in my mobile phone setting, I can see the mobile connection is being fallback from Lte to 3G. It obviously shows that both Wifi Calling and 4G calling (VoLTE) are unavailable on my mobile phone.

I have contacted Virginmedia support over the phone. The customer service person confirmed that both Wifi Calling and 4G Calling is enabled in my account

Here are the information of my phone

Model: Google Pixel 6 128GB
Carrier settings version: virgin_gb-33000000578.48 2021-09-30
SIM Type: esim

Here are my questions:

1. The Wifi Calling and 4G calling compatibility device list has not been updated nearly for a year. I would like to know whether VoLte / Wifi Calling is supported on my mobile?

2. Is Wifi Calling and 4G calling enabled to all customers by default in normal case?

3. The 2G/3G service will be suspended in the UK very soon (by the end of 2023). If 4G calling / Wifi calling is still unavailable on my device before the deadline, can I terminate the contract without any condition?

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@cmngjean wrote:

3. The 2G/3G service will be suspended in the UK very soon.

Untrue.

3G-services are being switched off by all UK network operators over the next few years. 2G services will remain live for many years yet.

Anyone who doesn't have a VoLTE-compatible SIM/phone combination will be able to use 2G for voice calls.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @cmngjean,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with WiFi calling /4g calling.

1. The Wifi Calling and 4G calling compatibility device list has not been updated nearly for a year. I would like to know whether VoLte / Wifi Calling is supported on my mobile?

I have looked into this and cannot see that the service is not compatible with your device at the moment. 

2. Is Wifi Calling and 4G calling enabled to all customers by default in normal case?

The service would need to enabled by the customer.

3. The 2G/3G service will be suspended in the UK very soon (by the end of 2023). If 4G calling / Wifi calling is still unavailable on my device before the deadline, can I terminate the contract without any condition?

No you wouldn't be able to leave with out condition as 4g would be available on your device as we offer a network service, not a feature service.

Hope that answers your questions.

Regards,

Steven_L

Hi Virginmedia team,

In the 4G Calling / Wifi Calling compatibility list from your official website (https://www.virginmedia.com/help/mobile/wifi-and-4g-calling), 4G Calling / Wifi Calling support are only available on legacy devices. Device launch after mid-2021 like Samsung S22, Google Pixel 6, Apple iPhone 13 are not included in the compatibility list.

I cannot find any reason to purchase legacy device in order to use these features, which is necessary when the signal is weak.

Will you consider upgrade your system to support devices released ? 

Thanks for coming back to us @cmngjean, I will be sure to pass on your feedback to the concerned teams to see if this can be done and the site updated but I cannot promise anything other than that I will pass into the teams to be looked into further.

Regards,

Steven_L

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both the S22 range and iPhone 13 work as some other newer phones sold by Virgin, but are not listed 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks