cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting harassing and repeated spam calls from 08001836403, 08004089340 and 08001836416

MTGentleman
Joining in

On the 24th of February I submitted an application for a Galaxy S21+ contact (which I still have heard nothing about but that is a seperate and unrelated issue).

Ever since then, I have gotten repeated spam and harassing calls from the 3 numbers mentioned in the subject: 08001836403, 08004089340 and 08001836416. They say they are from virgin, asking me "what my provider is at the moment" and asking "are you on PAYG?". Sometimes they don't even respond or there is weird heavy breathing, static, or loud noises. This is why I refuse to ring companies up nowadays. I am really wanting to hear about my contract but I cannot trust phone numbers that ring me anymore! I have an email address so just send me information there for me to ring you!

Companies that act like this make no sense to me as I cannot understand the foreign accents, absolute silence or unsufferable background noise!

Any advice or knowledge as to what this is exactly?

9 REPLIES 9

JitteryPinger
Super solver

The cheaper the company the more foreign the agents, my understanding is Virgin Mobile customer service is pretty much all overseas and I think this is wrong but people keep signing up.

The Giggitty 1

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, they are Virgin numbers and they are hard selling.

Had one the other week informing me my Broadband Contract was about to expire and I needed to choose a new package. 

I informed them my contract had well expired over 5 years ago and it was 30 day rolling! 

I was informed that they are supposed to be taking on UK staff but it will take time to train them. I'll believe it when I see it!.

Their customer service is quite frankly appalling, and you have to ring for stuff easily done online. 

I have just taken on a better contract with Vodafone at the end of my present one. All done through the app on my phone and confirmed in 3 minutes. With Virgin I would have been fighting for days

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I don't see anything looking for staff currently, (I know, I've looked)

It looks like they've outsourced everything to agencies, company is starting to make me very sick.

The Giggitty 1

PhilipMJ
Joining in

Can anyone beat this? This week I have had the following calls from 0800183 6416 / 6411 / 9430:

2 on Monday, 2 on Tuesday, 2 on Wednesday, 1 on Thursday, 1 today (so far)

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @PhilipMJ

Welcome to the forums and thank you for taking the time to post. 

I am sorry to hear that you have had so many unwanted calls. 

Are you able to let me know if you managed to answer any of them?  Were they from virgin media, were they on your landline or mobile?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hello @Zak_M

I answered a couple of calls late last week but now I know the numbers and will no longer do so. They were from Virgin to my mobile (not with Virgin). You've reminded me that I've had a at least one call each day where the caller rang off too! They asked a question today about confirming some account details which of course I declined to answer.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for confirming that. 

Have you set up your marketing preference via your virgin mobile account account ?

Kind regards,

Zak_M

No. Thanks for the notification. Didn't know I could do that.

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No problem, 

Any issues give me a shout. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M