Menu
tonyb25
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Getting a PAC Code

My very elderly next door neighbours found they could no longer cope with the pay as you go procedure on their Doro phone and had not been able to understand how to obtain a PAC code to move their number to the new provider on a monthly contract. I had agreed to help them and since Friday 14th August I have been texting 65075 for a PAC number and each time I have received the following reply

"Sorry, our bad. We're having a few technical problems and can't do that for you right now. Please try again later when we should be back up and running."

I have sent the message about 10 times since Friday.and got the same reply.

This morning I phoned 789 and after waiting 44 minutes was told that I would need to register an Account with Virgin and this would enable me to obtain a PAC code. I started the procedure, obtained an authentication code through the mobile phone but it then asked me for my  Security Answer, which of course I had never provided.

I can now see no way forward in being able for my neighbours to transfer their present mobile number. They are both in their mid 80's and in poor health and their mobile number is held by both the local hospital, doctor and consultants they attend on a regular basis. 

It would be really appreciated if you could give me some guidane on how I can obtain a PAC code.

Regards

Tonyb

0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Getting a PAC Code

Hi Tonyb25, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that your neighbour is having issues getting their PAC code, this isn't good. 

I can appreciate that they're keen to get the PAC so I'd love to pop you a message and see if we can sort this out, I will need them to confirm some details though if you're able to provide these. 

Look out for my message and I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
Emma_C
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

So glad we were able to get this sorted very quickly for you and your neighbour @tonyb25

Please let us know if either of you need anything else, we're always around to help

Have a nice evening 🙂

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
tonyb25
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Emma

Thanks so much for such a speedy reply and now please to say the PAC Code now received. Great service and much appreciated.

Regards

0 Kudos