cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Galaxy A32 G5 Moving number from EE

dmj1954
Tuning in

I have a Galaxy A32 G5. On my recommendation, the wife moved from EE to Virgin and also got the same phone. She followed the procedures to move her old number to new phone. Everything appeared OK after the move was confirmed by both EE and Virgin. However when in a 5G enabled geographical area, text messages/chats are sent with the original Virgin number that came with the new phone. This does not happen when in a 3G/4G area which we normally live. 

On investigation of the message app via its settings option, the chat features are still connected to the old Virgin number.

Can anyone help with a fix please and get me out of the dog house?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks. We will try your fix.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi dmj1954, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear your wife is having an issue when it comes to her number port. 

If the number has only recently ported within the last day or two then sometimes there can be some glitches. If it's been longer than this though we'd need to take a closer look at things for you. 

Can you try your wife's SIM in your device to see if this makes any difference? If it doesn't then just reply to the private message I have sent you requesting some information 🙂

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you tried deregistering from Chat and then re-registering? You may have to clear the cache 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Sorry to be thick but how does one deregister from chat?
Thanks

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First try Settings > Chat features > Enable Chat features and turn that off and then on again.

If that doesn't work then you can try this form https://messages.google.com/disable-chat

After that's gone through you can re-enable chat features on the device.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks. We will try your fix.

Thanks BenMcr problem solved.
Cheers

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for the update dmj1954,

I'm glad that is now resolved for you with the great assistance from @BenMcr!

If you do face any further issues then please don't hesitate to contact again.

Take care,

Kain