cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

From Virgin Mobile to O2

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

My friend is about to go through the same pain that I went through some months ago. VM virtually insist that you now have to have an O2 Sim in your mobile in place of your VM Sim - BUT - it also comes with a new number. Since it is possible to go through the whole PAC nonsense and get your old number back why don't VM do this by default. They really have no idea what anxiety this causes people who have had the same mobile number for many years and which is attached to all sorts of accounts as well as to their contacts adress books.

5 REPLIES 5

brightonjohn
Fibre optic

In short - why make you have a new number and then let you have the old one back BUT only when you have jumped through hoops?

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @brightonjohn

Thanks for posting on our community forum and good afternoon to you 🙂

We appreciate all feedback and the forum is regularly monitored for this, the PAC process is always an option if looking to bring the number over but isn't something we would automatically do at the moment. 

Again, thank you for your feedback it is always much appreciated. I hope you have a great day 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

I'm sorry but that doesn't answer my question. I am well aware that PAC is always an option but why are you making people do this since it is you (by which I mean VM) that are transferring people from VM to O2?

I can quite understand why my friend is feeling so distressed and annoyed. 

We would have to advise that all sim cards come with their own phone number attached - therefore the O2 sims phone number would need to be overwritten by the PAC code generated and Virgin Mobile number that is issued to O2.

It's also worth noting that whilst we can appreciate your (and your friends) desire to keep the phone number without having to discuss with O2, some customers may be quite open to being issued with a new phone number when they've switched over.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@brightonjohn I assume you are talking of using an O2 SIM to get Volt. If the  the move is off Vodafone to O2 as Virgin's carrier then in that case most SIM cards will change automatically, so keeping the same number. If a new Virgin SIM is required to effect the change it will have the same number as the one it replaces.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks