Menu
Markyo1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Free virgin to virgin mobile calls

I recently changed from a pay as you go sim to a 12 monthly sim only plan and have lost my free virgin to virgin calls. When registering for the new sim, I clicked the box advising I was an existing virgin media customer to receive the free virgin to virgin calls, however, this has not transferred over to my new plan.

Does anyone know how to activate this on a pay monthly sim as I can only find an option for activating on a pay as you go sim. 

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Free virgin to virgin mobile calls

Hi Markyo1,

your best option would be to call and speak to a member of the Team (freephone 789 from your mobile) and ask them to add the free VM to VM calls to your account.

AlexKid :-)

If you want to say thanks > click 'Kudos'.
Answered your question? > click 'Mark as Helpful Answer' also.

Superuser1718.png
Markyo1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the very quick response. I've tried to get through a few times over the last couple of nights, however, the waiting times have been really lengthy and I've given up.

I had hoped that there was a quick and easy solution similar to setting this up for PAYG sims. I'll keep trying to get through on the freephone number.

Regards

Mark

0 Kudos
Davejlane
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry but I seem to be coming to this late. Apologies if theses unstructured.

I recently signed up my whole family (mobile simm only) because of the free calls between Virgin mobiles. It was very useful as I have kids and keeping in touch is important for their safety.

However, I was surprised VM2VM are charged. Even though the contract I initially signed up for and blurb says it is free it is not. I even reread the pamphlet issued by Virgin in which it clearly states it is free.

You are charged against the free minutes you have. When these are used up you are then charged at standard rate. Hmmm.

I rang through to support to verify and then gentlemen was clear. I have to signed up for VM2VM free calls. He was adamant.

Has anyone else had this issue. VM complaints process is very poor.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Up to speed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I recently signed up for a sim and put I was a VM customer and got the free calls - my wife then got a sim 2 days later and forgot that bit but just off the address she was given free calls - so if you put your service address in and ticked the box you should have them

0 Kudos