cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Free earbuds not received

robkeat69
Joining in

I received my shiny new Samsung Galaxy just the other day. When I upgraded I was told I could claim a pair of Galaxy earbuds free. I stated at the time that I would want a pair. However no earbuds have been received. 

When I rang to enquire what had happened I was told that I needed to claim at the time of purchasing the phone. I, as politely as I could, explained that this was exactly what I did. I was told that the handset was already purchased and I was too late to claim. I explained, again,  that I had already claimed.  By this point I was getting annoyed with myself for being so annoyed over such a first world problem. I didn't even know I wanted Galaxy buds until now!

So should I expect virgin to apologise for their error and how soon can they send me my free earbuds I wonder?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

paul0363
Rising star

You need to claim from Samsung:

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/pay-monthly/samsung/galaxy-s21-5g?tab=promotion2 (scroll down to the tab "About your Galaxy Buds Live")

When you order this phone by 25th February 2021, you’ll be able to claim a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds Live!

How do you get your hands on these gifts, I hear you ask? It’s simple, just follow the steps below…

1. When you’ve got your new phone, open or download the Samsung Members app (available on the Google Play Store) and sign in with a new or existing account.

2. Head over to the Benefits section of the app and tap on the relevant banner.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'view details'.

4. Submit a claim on the page that pops up. You'll need to do it within 30 days of buying the phone (the day you buy the phone counts as day 1), and no claims submitted after 27th March 2021 will be accepted.

5. To submit a claim you'll need to have your phone's IMEI number or serial number to hand (only some customers will need this), and you'll need to upload proof of purchase.

6. You’ll receive an email to let you know that Samsung have received your claim. If you’ve not received an email, you’ll need to get in touch with Samsung at janpreorder@samsungpromotions.claims or on 0333 016 3421 within 7 days of submitting your claim.

7. Once your claim’s been accepted, your gifts will be sent via recorded delivery within 45 days. Enjoy!

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

paul0363
Rising star

You need to claim from Samsung:

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/pay-monthly/samsung/galaxy-s21-5g?tab=promotion2 (scroll down to the tab "About your Galaxy Buds Live")

When you order this phone by 25th February 2021, you’ll be able to claim a pair of Samsung Galaxy Buds Live!

How do you get your hands on these gifts, I hear you ask? It’s simple, just follow the steps below…

1. When you’ve got your new phone, open or download the Samsung Members app (available on the Google Play Store) and sign in with a new or existing account.

2. Head over to the Benefits section of the app and tap on the relevant banner.

3. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select 'view details'.

4. Submit a claim on the page that pops up. You'll need to do it within 30 days of buying the phone (the day you buy the phone counts as day 1), and no claims submitted after 27th March 2021 will be accepted.

5. To submit a claim you'll need to have your phone's IMEI number or serial number to hand (only some customers will need this), and you'll need to upload proof of purchase.

6. You’ll receive an email to let you know that Samsung have received your claim. If you’ve not received an email, you’ll need to get in touch with Samsung at janpreorder@samsungpromotions.claims or on 0333 016 3421 within 7 days of submitting your claim.

7. Once your claim’s been accepted, your gifts will be sent via recorded delivery within 45 days. Enjoy!

Anyone had any success being accepted for this offer? Despite preordering Samsung S21 device on 23/01/2021- Received mail from Samsung advising Claim Unsuccessful after completing steps via Samsung Membership app?

Yes! Bought a Samsung S21+ from Currys, uploaded IMEI and receipt and got the texts below:

Screenshot_20210209-221253_Next SMS.png

The buds offer only applied to phones bought from 29/1/21 to 25/2/21.  There was a different offer for pre-ordered phones - Earbuds plus Samsung Tag

paul0363. Thanks for confirming and info provided I will double check but sure I selected the correct offer as the other one did not have VM listed as a valid retail outlet.

Followed the earlier offer route and VM is showing for me:

Screenshot_20210209-223041_Firefox.png

Hopefully that worked. Submitted claim via that link and got a verification almost immediately so big thanks! 

To tie up loose ends initial claim was rejected as the order date was after the 14-28th Jan ( I placed order with VM prior to 28th ) Samsung received the order 1st Feb so I qualified for the 2nd offer. All sorted now. 

Thanks for taking time to reply.

I will prob stand on them 1st week anyhow!!! 

Nilsatis1878_0-1613489884098.png