cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fraudulent activity - new contract added to account

Karolina83
Joining in

Hi, someone added 2 mobile contracts to my account without me being aware of this and without my permission, one with credit agreement for an IPhone. When I spotted this on my account I was contacting Customer Care multiple times and had been assured that this contracts are not active, and no money will be taken from me - but the money have been deducted from my bank account. No one explained or gave me any details of how it happened that I have new numbers added - everyone are claiming that contracts are not active. I am not able to log in to my account, only getting notification about having pending contracts in progress. I am also not able to get any upgrade to my contract.

4 REPLIES 4

Carley_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Karolina83

Welcome to the community forums. 

Really sorry to hear that their are contracts on your account that you are unaware of. Please join me on private message so I can locate your account and pass account security to investigate this further. You can see your private messages at the top of the page, in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Karolina83,

Thanks for chatting with me in our PM's about this, I am glad we managed to get this sorted for you today.

I am sorry for the frustration this may have caused, but you can now give our mobile team a call on 0800 052 0238 and they will be happy to help further 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L

Yes I have access to my account but i am still not able to upgrade online. Can you specify if the amount deducted fraudulently from me that month, will be sent back to my bank account or my virgin account will be credited with this amount - one of your colleagues said that I should contact my bank to have this money returned as you cannot reimburse me, so I am a little bit confused now. Thank you 

Hi Karolina83,

I've replied to you via PM with more information regarding your last post 🙂

Thanks,

Megan_L