cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Found Mobile

Kwilson21
Tuning in

Hi there, I have a SIM only contract with you. I registered my phone as lost last week and you blocked the SIM and sent me a new one. I’ve now found the phone, is there any way to just unlock the old SIM instead of using the new one? Thank you. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your post on our Community Fourms @Kwilson21,

Can you confirm if the handset is the one that's been blacklisted or is this a different device?

If you can also confirm that you're using the newly issued SIM card, that would be appreciated 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

daniel999007
Tuning in

The Sims dead now it's blocked. If there bared the mobile handset as well then customer service can remove the blacklist and get the handset working again. You will need to use the new SIM card though.

Thanks for the response. I’m struggling to activate the new SIM. There are instructions with the new SIM and on the website telling to enter a SIM PIN but I don’t get that prompt and there doesn’t seem to be anywhere in settings to enter it. Any ideas?

Thanks for your post on our Community Fourms @Kwilson21,

Can you confirm if the handset is the one that's been blacklisted or is this a different device?

If you can also confirm that you're using the newly issued SIM card, that would be appreciated 

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi, yes, I’m using the new SIM and yes, using the blacklisted phone so I assume you have to ‘un-blacklist’ the phone? Is that possible? It’s not a device supplied by Virgin, it’s an old one from O2 but with a SIM-only contract with Virgin.

the IMEI no. for the blacklisted phone is:

[REMOVED]

if that helps! Thanks!

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

It would depend on whether you've added the device to your SIMO acccout

Let's see if we can take a closer look into this for you, we can at least rule out issues with the SIM card.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn