cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forwarded SPAM txt message, got reply from Bell, not Virgin ???

JoeD53
Joining in

I just joined here to ask this question...

My phone is an S10 and I'm on my home wifi.

I tried forwarding a spam text message to 7726 but it would not accept that number till I added a phone contact "SPAM" with the number 7726 (showed in contacts as 772-6).  Initially, I tried entering the number directly from the 'forward' menu but the phone would not accept the number and searched my contacts only for a match.  Since there was no contact my screen said something like 'no such contact' and failed to send it.

I've been with Virgin (Canada) for many years and I know it's a Bell company, but when it finally sent this is the reply I got from Bell, NOT Virgin ...

"Free Bell msg: Thank you for reporting SPAM"

Can anyone make sense of this ??

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

You will need to discuss that with Virgin Canada as I am afraid that you have posted on a UK based forum for Virginmedia UK, and the staff here have no control over Canadian information or will be able to help.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

You will need to discuss that with Virgin Canada as I am afraid that you have posted on a UK based forum for Virginmedia UK, and the staff here have no control over Canadian information or will be able to help.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks Mike...

The content seemed UK-based but the URL was .com

Thanks for the heads up!

-joe-

Hi JoeD53,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. As our valued member @DJ_Shadow1966 has advised, this is not something we are able to assist you with from the UK.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused, however the link here gives you advice and support for mobile queries.

Kind regards Jodi.