cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forced Ommph SIM transfer to O2 SIM porting fail

nohelpatall
Tuning in

O2 and Virgin now as one. PAC code provided to O2 18th October. 19th O2 appears as network on my phone and outgoing calls can be made. However no incoming calls. Calls to O2 mobile help a.m.19/10  and advised would be escalated and you will get contact within the same day. Nothing. Called again 13.20pm 20th and advised not note of my call previous day. Would escalate with a promised 4 hour response time. Nothing.

17.44pm chased and spoke with a seemingly helpful Mapshidifo who convinced me that turning on Wi-fi calling(?) would solve and indeed a seemingly successful call was received from the O2 helpdesk.  Too late as I only discovered after I tested myself by calling from Virgin landline and my wife from her Virgin mobile to discover nothing was fixed at all. Still no incoming calls getting through with message "....calls to this number not being connected....if dialled correctly...means not available form this network"

I decided that I would now see what Virgin mobile had to say as getting nowhere fast. That really didn't help much. The young lady really wasn't listening to what was being said. Told me all was correct. Took no ownership Virgin/O2 now one entity no? Anyway she eventually off loaded me to O2 again. At around 7pm I get Walter who after about 45 minutes having started confident that he WOULD be able to help said he would refer and call me back in around half an hour and that he went off shift at 9pm. Ever hopeful I waited. The 30 minute call back wait came and went. I left it as he went off shift at 9pm and he did say he would call so.......and hour after he said he would call I tried again. The recorded message said busy but put me in the queue. Then 5 minutes I thought I was getting a response but no the line was dropped. Nothing. Zilch.

First world problem well yes but no. Without a mobile phone important time critical actions and calls cannot be actioned. 

3 full days of false hopes and broken promises I am slowly losing faith in humanity let alone Virgin/O2. Can anyone help at all? Please.

The C word (complaint) seems to have absolutely no affect either!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for your reply @nohelpatall, this certainly does sound like a frustrating situation. I think the best thing to do would be send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there.

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear you're having issues since the port. What phone are you using? Is it an iPhone? If so, have you gone into the settings - phone and ensured the number at the top of the screen is the number it should be? 

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi John

No it's a Samsung.

Thanks for your reply @nohelpatall, this certainly does sound like a frustrating situation. I think the best thing to do would be send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be checked further.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules