cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

For newbie how long to receive SIM if ordered as part of a Bundle

Derwentmailman
Dialled in

Looking at the installation lead times for new customers (such as myself) it looks as though Virgin take 14 days before getting internet up and running after placing the order.  That seems the best scenario with no unforeseen snags such as not being able to install the outside omnibox etc. 

What I do need to know is: How long it takes before any new SIM is sent to me that has been added as part of any Broadband and Talk bundle ordered?  Is it only sent out once the cable broadband has been installed or is it sent out in the post immediately?

I need to know as I will need at least a short-term limited data usage package with either my present provider or with a new Virgin SIM prior to any new cable installation being fully up and running.   

3 REPLIES 3

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Derwentmailman

Thanks for posting. The SIM should be sent straight away for you 🙂 

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Sorry did not see this until today.

ATM if I were to order a package there is approx a 2 week wait for an installation date/time to choose from.  From your reply, if I ordered a package on house moving date 27th August inc TV and cable package for say an installation date of 2 weeks later,  I assume I would get a new SIM delivered to the installation address, which will be my new home i(rather than current address where I'm moving from) a few days after the 27th and be able to use it almost immediately (inc any mobile data package I had signed up for) to give me some internet access until the cable was fully installed.  If this is indeed the case then I would not need to get a package with my present mobile provider to tide me over for temporary mobile internet access in September

Hi Derwentmailman

No worries, if you're moving home you've got a lot on 🙂

Yeah so it would be sent to the address you order the cable services at, so if that's at the new property, the SIM would be posted there.

All the best with the move as well 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill