Menu
drewglasgow
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Flexible 4g plans anything but

So. 

I'm mid / end ish 12 month contact.

I wanted to flex up as going to be away from home with work.

Website clearly states flex up/down every month on some only plan.

Told, no, as you're less than 6 months to go you can't without signing further 12 month contract.

Ok I said that's different, no thanks, but I'd like to submit a complaint as your website is inaccurate.

Anyhow told, 1) we don't sell 30 day rolling so not taking your complaint...2) that is only for phone contacts, I said no it's not. I've photo captured the web page. Going to need to post a complaint.

Rather think this is against consumer protection act....

Really poor service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rich_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: Flexible 4g plans anything but

Hi drewglasgow,

Yes you can change your plan but the tariffs available to you will probably be standard ones without any extra bonus data or monthly discounts etc. You'd also lose your existing bonus or discount in the process as you're no longer on the deal you signed up to.

If you want to change your plan then you may be able do this via your online account. If it doesn't allow you to do that, because it recognises you're still in contract, then the team can do it via the phone. They then need to process it as a 'Change of Offering' as opposed to a 'Contract Upgrade'.

You can't simply move between new deals on a monthly basis while you're in contract. Otherwise everyone would be constantly changing to the latest deals we have available which defeats the purpose of a contract.

If you wanted to change to one of the new deals here, then you'd be required to sign up to a new 12 month contract in order to qualify as these are only available to new customers or customers taking a new contract.

Hope this clears things up.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

Can make calls, but no data? Check your "Virgin Mobile APN settings"

0 Kudos
drewglasgow
Joining in
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

So let me get this straight.

I'm on a flex plan, but it's not flexible.

When I asked to up my data, got offered options. All those options require a new contract....

How does that fit with "flexible" plans?

I'm sorry I'm neither trying to "change offer" or "upgrade", my contract letter states "flexible".

Really does not offer comfort in the idea that I might be able to change deal later. From my discussion today, regardless of any website claim of flexibility once you've signed for a 12 month contract it's not changable, if you want to "flex" it's a new 12 month contract from then. 

That is not clear on your website, again I feel this in breach of consumer protection act.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

As explained, you can indeed change the plan, but you can't change it to a current deal here and continue with your current contract (if you have 3 months left for example). You actually have to have a new sign up to a new 12 month deal for this.

On our system there are two options, to 'Upgrade Contract' or to 'Change Offering'. If you want a plan that offers extra data (without a new contract) then you'd be changing the offering to something different.

If you've asked for a specific deal that's on the link, then yes the agent is right to say it's a new 12 month contract. If you just want to some extra data then you'd have to settle for the standard ones the system offers thus making it flexible.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

0 Kudos
drewglasgow
Joining in
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Just to be clear, you stated, we can't have customers changing deals as whats the point of a 12 month contract.

I'm not psychic the only info I can gain to your options are is on your website. There is no clarity on line as to what is a "deal" and what is "standard"

When I took out my contract it was flexible, I'd be happy to sign another if it was indead flexible. Today shows they are not.

Can you tell what "standard" offerings are? You're alluding to them, but your call centre does not seem to be able to offer them.

You've linked me to your "deals" which claim to be flexible and they are not. My current flexible deal is only changable by committing to a new 12 month contract.

I'm not trying to be difficult, but three calls later, the only way to flex my plan is to commit to a new contract. At a minimum that is disinje disingenuous to your website claims

0 Kudos
teabag
Wise owl
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I'm standing on @drewglasgow side at present, something has changed with the flexible plans advertised.

Tried a couple of times recently to see what my change plan options are for my 30day SIM, apparently it's zero - online or by phone.

With me trying it must have put a marker on my account, today I received a text saying that you'll ring me, but last time they rung - no upgrade was possible, only new contracts with new numbers?

Screenshot_20180314-185609.png

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £8 sims. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

drewglasgow,

You can move to a new deal that's listed on the website if you commit to a new 12 month contract (if that's what you're after).

What you can't do, for example, is swap to the new unlimited tariff and continue with the 3 months remaining on your contract term. You can only swap to the predefined tariffs we have available on the system.

The standard tariffs are 300mins / 300MB for £6.00 and so on (with 1GB, 2GB, 3GB, 4GB and 20GB also available). These are basic tariffs without any extra bonus data or monthly cost reduction as you'll forfeit this if you change.

I'm not sure why the online account is no longer showing any available tariffs. I see another user has expressed the same here.

I'm afraid I can't comment on what was discussed on the call because clearly I wasn't there. All I know is, when proceeding through a 'Change Offering' request on the system, it allows to select basic tariffs as mentioned.

In summary, if you want to take up the unlimited data plan then it's a new 12 month contract (as stated on the website). If you want some extra data while you work away from home then you can change your current offering.

Out of curiosity, what tariff did you want to change to?

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

0 Kudos
drewglasgow
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Ok, 

Here is a single direct clear question.

What are your standard tarriffs for data and costs?

You've again alluded to there existante, but nothing Thier cost. All I want to do is increase my data.

I've been made utterly aware of new 12 month contract options repeatedly.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi drewglasgow,

If my memory serves me right, I believe they went up in £3 increments with the last one jumping by £10. As an example it's £6, £9, £12, £15 and £25 (the 3GB probably increased by £1).

Each account will have particular tariffs available depending on when you initially took the contract, as some may not be available anymore. I'm just using the above as an example.

The best thing I can advise is to call the team to see what's available to you. I know you've been down this path before but there's not much I can do regarding tariff changes sorry.

Let me know if you have any further questions.

Thanks

Rich
Forum Team

0 Kudos
yamaxt
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

i keep getting this error while trying to change plan any idea why this is??
0 Kudos