Menu
Highlighted
Grayg1970
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Feel Ripped Off

Hello

Ordered a £12 a month sim only contract through CPW on Virgin, meant to have 8GB Data, 2500mins and unlntd txts.  I got the mins and txts but only 4gb data,  Spoken to Virgin and CPW, all are fobbing me off and nobody wants to tell me why i havent been given what i signed up to pay for.

As this is only 2 days old this contract, what are my rights??, does anyone know?, because i have no intention of paying for a service i didnt receive.

Thanks.

happywithmy350
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Feel Ripped Off

You have the right to return the sim and cancel the contract within 14 working days.

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view()=c%7B1ff75c90-bcb9-11de-e56d-0000000...

Why not just get one through Virgin? You can get 30GB for £16 - that's a x3 the data lifetime offer - they advertise it as 10GB on your bill and online in the customer bit but you get lifetime triple data - my lifetime double data shows on my account until 31st December 2099!

https://www.virginmedia.com/mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim/?contractDuration=12&tariffID=1176437114

£12 for 8GB is a rip off frankly

Grayg1970
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the answer.  It will get dealt with today, one way or the other, i dont appreciate buying something then getting fobbed off like that, and frankly im amazed at CPW being so incompetent, Not only have they actually sold me the wrong Tariff, they actually gave me a tracking number for someone down south whos phone was delivered in May 2018!.  I know what theyve done, theyve sold me a black friday deal, double data 8gb sim at £12 instead of Virgins advertised price of £15, then just left me with the 4gb instead of 8.  But no worries, ill just cancel it today and go elsewhere if theyre gonna be funny about it, ill cancel the direct debit too.

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Never cancel a direct debit until you have confirmation of cancellation - you don't want your credit taking a hit over such a small amount anyway.

But I agree - it's mad and why/how CPW still trade amazes me too to be honest.