Menu
paul0363
Superfast
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Family Plan

I have upgraded to Ultimate Oomph and received a SIM which is eligible for a family plan.  I already have my son's mobile on my Virgin Mobile account (i.e. the Oomph SIM was added to my existing account - my number is being ported in).

I was hoping to add my son's number to the family plan but CS have told me that only additional SIMS are eligible and I'd have to take a new contract for a new SIM (i.e. add another phone) - is this actually the case or can the existing plan be converted to an eligible plan and added?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Family Plan

Hi paul0363

Thank you for your post on our community forum pages.

We are sorry for any confusion which has been caused by this.

We are sure we'll be able to help with this on here so we'll send you a private message in a moment to get some more details.

Thank you. 

David_Pn
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
simonbt
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I've hit this problem too.

I Ordered two phones for my wife and one of the kids, I also got an Ultimate Ooomph Sim.

Phones arrived. Few days later I got a letter through the door detailing the family plan. I phoned up and was told I couldn't apply the family plan to my accounts as it could only be done at the time of ordering the phones (even though it wasn't available the week before before! I have noticed Virgin are quite good at dropping offers after the event or maybe it's just my bad timing?

0 Kudos
paul0363
Superfast
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

All sorted now!

Thanks to David_Pn and his colleague who called me for all their help!

0 Kudos