cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to send text message after coming to the US

lixiaogang
Joining in

Please help!

I cannot send any texts after coming to the US from the UK. I can receive texts, but cannot send any texts.

Yes, the roaming service has automatically selected T-mobile as the network operator. So, I tried to check the message centre number in the message settings.  However, the message centre seems disappeared! I cannot find it in the messages settings->more settings->text messages. 

Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have a spending cap set on your account? Very easy to use up what's there, especially if you did not switch off roaming data before landing. 

Texts themselves are 50p

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @lixiaogang

Welcome back to the community!

Sorry to hear you're having issues with your mobile whilst abroad in the US. 

You can check if you have a spending cap on your online account or app. There is also more information on roaming here and the roaming costs in the US here if needed. 

Please let us know if you have any issues and we'll investigate this further. 

Thank you @enlli for responding 🙂

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Hi, my setting for the spending cap is "uncapped".

Thank you for confirming this @lixiaogang.

Let's take a further look for you to see if we can locate the reason the texts are not sending. Please join me on private message so we can pass account security and locate the account. You can see your private messages at the top of the page in the envelope icon. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley